back ground

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Anxiety SUCKS....

I have to share a story, that some of you already know. January 22nd of 2010 I was robbed at gun point in my office at Public Storage in Las Vegas, Nv. A man came in said he wanted to buy some tape. When I rang it up and opened my cash draw he came around the counter and put a gun in my face. I gave him all the money $86.00.. I still have nightmares of that day. That robber took so much more then the phone and money that day. I have terrible anxiety from this event in my life, every time I see someone that reminds me of him I hide, grab on to the back of Steve's shirt and hide behind him or if I'm alone in the store I hurry around the corner. I just can't live like this anymore. Last night we went to Long John Silver's for supper, after ordering we turned around and on the bench was a man that reminded me of that man who robbed me...I started breathing hard, grabbed Steve and hide. Then I said NO NO MORE Terrie dont let this run your life. I grabbed Steve by the arm walked him over to the bench and sat down right by this man. Even though I was proud of myself I cried on the way home. Still I am so proud of myself. I Don't want to be scared and have this paralyzing anxiety anymore...


Hugs N Loves Terrie

1 comment:

  1. Terrie, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you and I'm so proud of you that you faced your fear/anxiety. You're strong. You'll get through this one step at a time. I'm here for you if you need me. Hugs! Wendy

    ReplyDelete

HEARTBROKEN

I'm so sorry its been forever since I have posted anything on my blog but I've had so much going on. As some of you know I lost...