Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Best Friend

I've been trying to get a hold of my friend Dar in las Vegas Nv since early May. We talked on the phone all the time since I moved to Michigan. Before I moved to Michigan Steve and I lived in a 55 or older Senior Apartments, Beautiful apartments and grounds, huge pool and hot tub. While I lived there I got very close to Darline she would come over in the morning after Steve would go to work, we'd watch movies, have breakfast, then lunch. She would go home around 2pm nap then meet me at the pool later. She was my best friend and one of the sweetest ladies I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Even though she was 70 yrs old we got along as if we were the same age, we'd laugh everyday. We had so much fun together even if she was suffering from Cancer she never let it show. Like I was saying started calling the begining of May kept getting her voice mail, started getting very worried because we talked all the time I'd gotten her voice mail before but she always called me back shortly after. Then after calling her everyday for a few weeks, her phone was shut off which really made me worry. I started checking online in obituaries for Henderson/Las Vegas Nv, I did not want to think that way but it was something I had to check out. I found nothing so I figured that was good news. Last week I wrote her another letter but this time I addressed it to her husband also. Well yesterday my worry turned into a broken heart when her husband called me and told me she had passed away on May 13th. Darline I miss and love you girl and wish I could have said good bye to you my friend.

Photobucket

 I was very upset that her husband didn't call and let me know when he knew we talked all the time and he knew how close we were. He said he could not figure out her phone which may be true. I've lost many people in my life that I loved dearly and I wish them all peace. I should be happy she isn't sick any longer and don't get me wrong I really am but I have never lost such a close friend wish I could have said good bye. R.I.P Darline Soucie I miss n love you girl and I always will.

                           Keep Crafting...........Terrie
  Designed By Terrie Surface copyright © 2012 onecraftycookie

10 comments:

  1. Terrie, So sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you but take comfort in knowing that Darline is not suffering any more!
    ((hugs)) Alyson x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyson thank you so much and yes that is what I do take comfort in she is not hurting anymore...hugs Terrie

      Delete
  2. Hi Terrie,
    I'm Gina. I am a subscriber to your videos and now following your blog. I watched your video tonight and have just got to tell you how touching it was. What a beautiful tribute to a best friend. My heart goes out to all of you and hope you find peace and comfort in the end of pain for your sweet friend. That's all, just letting you know that I think you are a special lady...
    Gina
    creationsbyGina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina really nice to meet you. Thank you so much for your comment it means so much to me. hugs Terrie

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss Ms. Terrie :( You are in my prayers! I love you...Big hugs :) If you need an ear, I am here...didn't mean to rhyme...call anytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbie at least I still have my wonderful memories of her and I almost laugh out loud when I think of the fun we use to have...I might just call you after 1 lol today...hugs Terrie

      Delete
  4. aww Terrie ~ Your heart must be broken...Im so sorry for the loss of your best friend! Im sad for you that her husband didnt contact you...but im glad you were able to find out and know she is at peace...
    Hugs to you, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart is still broken I pick up my phone all the time but can't find her name because I removed it. That hurt, I removed her name and my cousin Brenda's name from my phone on the same day. But I am strong and I'm happy she isnt hurting any longer, thank you Diane hugs Terrie

      Delete
  5. Terrie
    Now you heart ca be at peace knowing that your friend went home to be with God,and has no more pain to endure. She will watch over you like a Guardian Angel.
    You have all those good memories etched in your heart forever and thats how you will remember Diane forever, this is how Diane wanted you to remember her by ,not by her cancer. One day you will see each other again...Peace be with you ,and God Bless you . Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patsy thank you sweetheart. I know she is much better where she is now hugs Terrie

      Delete

New Cards

Hi ladies just wanted to drop by and share a few cards I made for a order I got. Its been months since I have really created anything...